Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Multi-Buckle

Post by Scott » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:05 pm

I am using DreamHammock multibuckles.

http://www.dream-hammock.com/shop.html# ... ry=4019214

Is there any concern with running my 1" webbing tied off at the tree, then through continuous loops of amsteel in my sewn channels, and then using the buckles as a tri-glide right at the loops? Kinda like the video showing it attached to the tree, but going through the loops at the hammock. The buckles hold well, no issue there. I was just wondering about abrasion of the amsteel or webbing?

It is a simple idea that works for me. The suspension adjusts easily, stays on the hammock mostly but can come off easily if wet. But I have not seen others doing it that way (and no video on DreamHammock recommending it) so it got me thinking there might be a reason they don't...?

I don't have pics, but can get some if needed to clarify.

Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

PapaSmurf
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Multi-Buckle

Post by PapaSmurf » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Hi TWOKAG,
The MultiBuckle itself should work fine in that configuration and has been pull tested to 1,500lbs when threaded like a tri-glide. The only thing I'd be a little concerned about is abrasion on the straps from being in direct contact with the Amsteel loops. I guess it's not "rope on rope", but rather "rope on webbing" contact. I'd watch the straps carefully and see if you notice any signs of stress.

Scott
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Multi-Buckle

Post by Scott » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:15 am

Thanks. I will keep an eye on it. I do like the simplicity of it. Maybe on the next one I will get some cinch buckles from you. Looks like that is what I am replicating. I got the Multibuckle as a tree connecter first, then re-arranged what I was doing. It is working for now.
Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

Return to “Suspension”