Zort
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Dog Packs

Post by Zort » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:37 pm

I'm interested to hear what pack people are getting for their 4 legged friends. I want to hear about current packs, and previous packs and why you stopped using them. I want to hear the good, bad, and ugly. What features you're looking for, what features you wish you hadn't fallen for...I want to hear it all.

Never put off until tomorrow, what you can get someone else to do for you today.

My Youtube Channel

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Dog Packs

Post by sarge » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:48 am

I can tell you that anything that has "Outward Hound" on it should be avoided. The Ruffware gear, OTOH, is pretty good. Scuba has a nice one that has a separate harness. I can tell you that this here is a good addition. And that this thing is a big help as well.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Ruffwear Palisades Pack. The harness and pack can seperate, so at a break you can take the saddlebags off and give Fido a breather. They also come with two 1 liter soft bottles, and have 6 pockets to allow for carrying a variety of gear. Have had mine for about 2 years or so now and swear by it.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

Zort
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Zort » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:05 pm

So I was just poking around the old interwebs, and found the military grade molle harnesses for dogs...there's a gopro mount for the dog harness. That's the camera angle we've been missing from the hang videos.
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can get someone else to do for you today.

My Youtube Channel

ezadventurer
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by ezadventurer » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:21 pm

Zort, Did you pick up the military harness for dogs? Would like to see that in action. I also have the palisades by ruffwear and that seems to work well. Back in the '90s I had a pack that I put on my Rhodesian Ridgeback, but it really did not fit well. I switched back then to a ruffwear pack for him and it was a vast improvement, so this time I did not hesitate on buying a ruffwear pack. If there is another pack for dogs out there that works well, it would be good to know. Tough to get our dog to tell us exactly what is wrong.

As an aside, it is interesting to watch the dogs when they are going through tight areas. They are not used to the additional width and always bump the pack. Reminds me of the period in my life when I wore a cowboy hat. I had the old George Strait type of brim formed and would always ram that into the sides of doors. The alcohol probably did not help much with that either.

Return to “Packs”