KINGLONESTAR
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

ULA Ohm customers

Post by KINGLONESTAR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:47 pm

I have a friend out of state (I only mention that so you don't tell me to just go look at my buddy's pack) who has an Ohm 2.0 he is looking to sell me at a good discount. His wife just got him a Zpacks Arc Haul for his birthday and he only used the Ohm twice.

This particular one has the non-stretchy mesh on the outside pocket rather than the stretchy kind. That is the only thing different than the model ULA currently sells on their website. I have seen some reviews of this particular pack on YouTube. Since I will only be using that space for rain gear and tarp (if tarp is wet), I am thinking of doing the deal. I have seen people stash a lot of gear in those outside pouches but I just don't think I will be doing that.

It is such a deep discount that I'm having a hard time thinking objectively. This is the model I have settled on, I just want to hear from others who have seen or used this model with the non-stretchy outside pouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In vino veritas.

KINGLONESTAR
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: ULA Ohm customers

Post by KINGLONESTAR » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:53 am

Pulled the trigger on it

In vino veritas.

Mophead
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

ULA Ohm customers

Post by Mophead » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:06 pm

It's a really popular pack I don't think you'll be unhappy. Just got around to snapping some pics for you maybe they'll be useful if someone else digs up the thread:

http://imgur.com/QDMTKW1
http://imgur.com/1fFkTD0
http://imgur.com/RYbCUUi

You can kind of see in the first two that even though the mesh isn't stretchy there is an elastic piece sewn across the top of the mesh that does a pretty good job of keeping it tight. I think I have a poncho tarp and pack cover in there. On the last pic I stuffed it pretty full with a hooded sweatshirt.

I have a different model pack with stretchy back panel and don't think it makes a huge difference. Maybe a stretchy one has more volume capacity but hard to tell comparing two different packs. Even still, I only really use mine for rain gear.

KINGLONESTAR
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by KINGLONESTAR » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Thanks! I will get mine loaded and post pics

In vino veritas.

Mophead
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Mophead » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:24 pm

Cool. I'm sure you'll like it. I was pleased with mine when I got it, but like it even more now that I've used it a while.

Back pockets aren't the best place for stuffing things anyway because weight that far from your back is further off your center of balance than it would be in the pack. Doesn't carry as well, plus you still have to take the pack off to access it. Between the hip belt pockets and side pouches there is plenty of room for quick access items that don't require taking the pack off.

Return to “Packs”