Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Underquilt and BIAS Camper XL

Post by nwatkins » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Hello all.

I have a BIAS Camper XL hammock that is 72" wide. Has anyone had any issues using an underquilt with this hammock? I am looking at a Loco Libre Cayenne Pepper underquilt. I do not know if I should go with the standard 45" width or will the 50" width be better.

Thanks,
Nick

“You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
What mood is that?
Last-minute panic.”

-- Bill Watterson

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Underquilt and BIAS Camper XL

Post by sarge » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:32 pm

The Big Gray Weenie is 72" wide by 12 feet long.

I've had a Yukon Kindle on it with no problem.

Right there we're pretty much at the extremes of hammock/width length and UQ "narrowness". Everything in between should work.

You don't need the UQ to come up around you, you just need it to be under you. I prefer a UQ that does come up around the sides of the hammock, which is one of the reasons I like using the 60" wide Costco Quilt UQ.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

nwatkins
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by nwatkins » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:17 am

Sarge, thank you very much for the reply. When you say "Costco Quilt UQ", I am assuming you are referring to the Costco Down Throw converted into an underquilt. If so, the Costco Throw does not seem like it would be practical for anything more than Summer hanging.
“You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
What mood is that?
Last-minute panic.”

-- Bill Watterson

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:59 pm

nwatkins wrote:Sarge, thank you very much for the reply. When you say "Costco Quilt UQ", I am assuming you are referring to the Costco Down Throw converted into an underquilt. If so, the Costco Throw does not seem like it would be practical for anything more than Summer hanging.
By itself, its a 50-60 degree underquilt, put two of them together, and you can get down to 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAP8Cn ... xFBMBcqBBj

As soon as these get into my local Costco, I'll be doing a series on a No-Sew 30 degree system that costs a little over $100.00
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

nwatkins
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by nwatkins » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:45 pm

I look forward to seeing your no-sew 30 degree system.
What mood is that?
Last-minute panic.”

-- Bill Watterson

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:44 pm

All that's gotta happen is for those quilts to get into the stores. They were supposed to be coming in this week, but I called and no joy.

I hope they don't get tired of me bugging them.

At least I don't have my nose plastered up against the glass on the front door------yet
My You Tube Channel

Return to “Insulation”