Ta2ooz
Reactions:
Hammock: Double Chinese cheap
Tarp: Grommeted poncho
Suspension: Poly straps
Insulation: Costco underquilt

How's it going

Post by Ta2ooz » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:58 pm

New(very new) as in haven't actually done it yet, but have some stuff on order. Scout leader, need to lighten up the gear so I can continue with Everyone. Starting cheap to see if it's something I can get into, I find that backflex on my knees causes pain, so we will see if I can get sideways enough to get comfy. Going to start with a pad and sleeping bag, with a Costco underquilt( thanks sarge, whichever is how I found the forum. I have some winter, in Vancouver , camps coming up which usually means wind and rain and sometimes in the high teens for my American freinds and -10C. For my Canadians. I will keep everyone apprised as it goes, and thanks for all the info so far. Great to have someone to bounce ideas off of.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: How's it going

Post by sarge » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Welcome to the campfire! Check out the New Hanger Central Forum, especially "Some Pretty Dang Useful Links" thread. We're all about helping new hangers here!
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Return to “Howdy!”