What would it take?

Forum rules
Here, you can discuss your Politics. Post political memes and quotations, and discuss your Political beliefs. If you don't want to see Politics being discussed, please respect the rights of the people here to do so in peace. We respect that right, that's why this forum was created. Discussion should always be respectful of the people here and thier beliefs. Discussions will be respectful. We recognize that political discussions can sometimes become incendiary and we will step in from time to time if it does in order to cool things down. Posts that use terms and descriptions of others such as "Wing Nuts", "Libtards", "Rethuglicans", DemocRATS", and others of a demeaning nature will be deleted. Keep discussions on point, centered on facts, and based on the principal that two individuals can come to different conclusions based on the same information and can disagree, but discuss those disagreements in an agreeable manner. Please contribute to the discussion, not try to tear down an individual because he disagrees with you. Make you comments be on the post, and not the person posting.
hjon71
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

What would it take?

Post by hjon71 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:54 am

If they could garner enough support to get on the ballot where you live and make the debates, is there any chance you would vote for a 3rd party candidate?
It looks to me that this year could be the year for the Libertarian Party to have a real shot. With half the Republicans saying #nevertrump and half the Democrats saying #neverhillary, if we could just get them to take a tentative step toward Liberty....

Average is overrated

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: What would it take?

Post by sarge » Wed May 25, 2016 7:08 am

I'm voting Libertarian this year.

There is no difference between Hillary and Trump, functionally, morally, or otherwise. We'll still retain the Crony Capitalism and cross Party collusion of the Elites who have been running this country since Reagan left office. The only real difference I see between them is that Hillary represents a triumph of the Democrat Establishment over the voters in that party who want to change it, while Trump represents a triumph of the voters in that party who want change (and there is hope in that), but they just picked the wrong candidate. Hillary is the Jeb Bush of the Democrat party and won through massive amounts of money and effective campaign organization, while Bush lost with the same advantages. Republicans voters were able to toss their Establishment Family Legacy candidate to the curb with relative ease, while the Democrats kept thiers despite the outcry and complaints of thier consituents. I think the difference there is due to the Authoritarianism inherent in Leftist ideology.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Polkster13
Reactions:
Hammock: DH Sparrow (#3008)
Tarp: OES MacCat Std
Suspension: Whoopie Slings
Insulation: WL 20* Full UQ

Post by Polkster13 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:21 am

I personally feel that the only hope this country has is if the voters rise up and establish a third party. Most won't vote right now for a third party candidate because they don't think a third party candidate has a chance of winning since most all other voters will vote either Democrat or Republican. And people don't like to think they were on the losing side. Maybe with this election, having the two worst candidates in history going against one another, America will finally wake up and get behind a third party. If no one has a majority in Congress with no hope of ever getting one (because we now have a three party system), then Congress will have to learn to play nice with each other and actually get something constructive accomplished.

Oh wait, I am living a "pipe dream"! I personally don't think that last part will ever happen. I personally think this is the beginning of end of our great nation. I think historians will look back to this decade and point to it as the real beginning of the demise of the Untied States (regardless of who gets elected this November---as we are royally screwed).

Folks, I think things are going to get very ugly in the very near future for us. I apologize for being so gloomy but when you see a storm on the horizon approaching fast, you can either ignore it and hope for the best or prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Folks, I am in the latter group and I truly hope our nation wakes up and takes the necessary steps before it is too late.

hjon71
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by hjon71 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:00 am

I honestly think if the LP go with Petersen and he continues to gain the momentum he has in the last month or so he will be a SERIOUS contender.

Average is overrated

hjon71
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by hjon71 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:01 am

https://youtu.be/dKYKpSQRB5w

Average is overrated

Scott
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Scott » Wed May 25, 2016 2:18 pm

yes.

Corruption and elitism clinton=trump. What I worry about more is supreme court nominees. Who do I want appointing the group that has the REAL power? When push comes to shove, the judicial outweighs the legislative AND the executive (except for that executive order thing). So, while I don't trust Trump to do a single thing he says he will (he would lie to his wife to get a buck), I don't want Clinton slanting the court. That would be my only hesitation in a third party, or dissenting vote.
Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Wed May 25, 2016 3:37 pm

I vote against Republican presidential candidates because of their likely Supreme Court nominees and their usual tax policies. I am not always too thrilled about who I'm voting for, but what I've seen of the Libertarian perspective does not appeal to me.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Wed May 25, 2016 4:24 pm

GregD wrote:I vote against Republican presidential candidates because of their likely Supreme Court nominees and their usual tax policies. I am not always too thrilled about who I'm voting for, but what I've seen of the Libertarian perspective does not appeal to me.
That's the problem with both parties. They vote against the other guy, suborning their own values and principals in the process.

This year, Democrats will accept Hillary's law breaking, lying, Wall Street Cronyism, and Bill's womanizing, none of which is any different than Trump's, forgive the electoral shenanigans in the Primary, and forget the Party's part in flushing her opponent down the tubes.

And then tell you its because they believe it will result in a better government that benefits people.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Wed May 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Both sides are effectively saying to us:

"The one we're running doesn't suck as bad as the other guy!"

For my money, that's a pretty low bar which also describes the Libertarian candidate, but voting for him will send a more effective message to the other two. One that says: If all you give me is somebody who doesn't suck as bad as the other guy, I'm voting for somebody else.

Maybe then things will change.
My You Tube Channel

kev137
Reactions:
Hammock: diy HyperD 1.6oz
Tarp: Warbonnet Mamajamba
Suspension: Whoopie slings tree
Insulation: DIY climashield/ Snu

Post by kev137 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:12 pm

I am personally aposed to the two party system that has developed here in America. I have in the past voted libertarian for the same reason that i will this time. If stuck chosing between a crook and a schmuck i wil opt out for the third choice. Will it make a difference? Probably not, however i will not chose between two people i feel have no right to hold public office of any sort.
If enough Americans stand up and say enough of this, and demand to be treated as adults, maybe , just maybe, it wil make a difference. The policy makers who truly run our nation need to stop trying to saddle us with out right idiots and crooks.

There was a time in our recent past when the president represented something nobel. Sure Kennedy may have been cheating on his wife, but he was never caught, plus it was Marilyn Monroe not some shluppy intern. Even if you are not a fan od Carter or Regan you have to admit they both had a certain presidential demeanour, they were above reproach on a personal level. Unlike Clinton who was the subject of scandal from before his election all the way through his term, or George W.who could not even read a teleprompter ( sorry Texans i know how some of y'all feel about him) and sounded uneducated and confused. Although i will give George kudos for his support of wounded soldiers ( soldiers wounded in wars he started for no good reason, but st least he acknowledged and trys to help them).

Of course the anarchist in me knows that the president is a puppet and titular figure head who serves to distract us from what the real rulers are doing. To qoute George Carlin, " it's called the American dream because you have to be asleep asleep to believe in it". But I'll still vote even if it is a waist of time because it's my right and responsibility to do so.
" No sympathy for the devil. You buy the ticket, you take the ride", Hunter S. Thompson

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Wed May 25, 2016 7:58 pm

If stuck chosing between a crook and a schmuck i wil opt out for the third choice.
Especially this cycle, when those terms are interchangable between the candidates of the major parties.
My You Tube Channel

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by rhjanes » Wed May 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Very disappointed in BOTH PARTIES this year. Failed me, both of them. The few Republicans I'd align with, got shouted down quick. I've voted third party/Libertarian before. Our state (Texas) is a Repub stronghold. My wife is voting for Hillary. But I get tickled at other friends who are "OMG!! YOU ARE NOT VOTING FOR X?!?!?". well, with the electorial college (I'm all for it).....it won't matter. Trump will carry the state......

Thankfully, we live in a REPUBLIC...and not the "Democracy" that the MSM calls it (yes, there is a difference....we VOTE democratically....but our form of gobernment, is a Republic (a nation of LAWS for the good of all, not a Democracy where majority rules). The President is just ONE person in a vast bureaucracy.....I think I read, there are like 585 members making laws, and the judicial at the national level? The President is.....ONE...think about that.....
Call me Junior
Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes sargevining

Idaho Hanger
Reactions:
Hammock: P43 Terrawing
Tarp: P43 Lodgefly
Suspension: Whoopies
Insulation: P43 Down Quilts

Post by Idaho Hanger » Thu May 26, 2016 1:30 pm

Bill Hicks had a bit about politics in America years ago that went something like this:

"I prefer the puppet on the left."
"I think the puppet on the right is more to my liking"
"Wait a minute! The same guy's holding both puppets!"
"Go back to bed America. Keep watching Cops and drinking Budweiser."
“Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.” - Edward Abbey.

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Thu May 26, 2016 2:25 pm

Considering the next President will appoint at least one, and as many as 5 Supreme Court Justices, I am going to hold my nose and vote Trump. If Killary is able to make any Supreme Court appointments, this country is doomed.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

hjon71
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by hjon71 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:28 pm

A warmer reception here than most places for this subject. I will be voting LP either way but I'd be much happier with Petersen.

Average is overrated

Return to “Politics”