Gary Johnson, the Liberal

Forum rules
Here, you can discuss your Politics. Post political memes and quotations, and discuss your Political beliefs. If you don't want to see Politics being discussed, please respect the rights of the people here to do so in peace. We respect that right, that's why this forum was created. Discussion should always be respectful of the people here and thier beliefs. Discussions will be respectful. We recognize that political discussions can sometimes become incendiary and we will step in from time to time if it does in order to cool things down. Posts that use terms and descriptions of others such as "Wing Nuts", "Libtards", "Rethuglicans", DemocRATS", and others of a demeaning nature will be deleted. Keep discussions on point, centered on facts, and based on the principal that two individuals can come to different conclusions based on the same information and can disagree, but discuss those disagreements in an agreeable manner. Please contribute to the discussion, not try to tear down an individual because he disagrees with you. Make you comments be on the post, and not the person posting.
Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Gary Johnson, the Liberal

Post by Scuba » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Endorses a Carbon tax?

"I do think that climate change is occurring, that it is man-caused. One of the proposals that I think is a very libertarian proposal, and I’m just open to this, is taxing carbon emission that may have the result of being self-regulating."

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

dirtwheels
Reactions:
Hammock: SLD, Sheltowee, Amok
Tarp: UGQ, Spinn Edge
Suspension: HF Straps & Dynema
Insulation: Downy Goodness

Re: Gary Johnson, the Liberal

Post by dirtwheels » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:30 pm

The anti-2nd amendment comments among other things this nut says disqualifies him IMO.

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:33 pm

Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Scott
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Scott » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:44 pm

dirtwheels wrote:The anti-2nd amendment comments among other things this nut says disqualifies him IMO.
I am genuinely interested. Could you elaborate on this a little? From what I have read he is the most gun friendly candidate, stating several times he does not think gun laws work, and he prefers more guns and chl to make criminals think twice before attacking someone...

I still think we are hosed this November regardless. Just how bad will be the question.

Hillary - Money hungry power hungry narcissistic lying prostitute (selling anything not nailed down for her own gain, not the call girl type) RAcist Senator Bird was her mentor yet she calls Trump Racist. Anyone but her.

Trump - Money hungry power hungry narcissistic unstable bully (by his own admission he is not bound by any ideals, he lives in the moment regardless of previous statements or promises by him) I don't think he is racist, I think he thinks every living thing is beneath him regardless of race or nationality. A real crapshoot, no idea what he will actually do if he wins.

Gary - personality of a stump. not fighting for the office. No real chance to win.

If Trump wins expect riots like we have never seen. Some people are bad losers.
Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:47 pm

Scott wrote:
Did you just say target practice?
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

ADVStrom14
Reactions:
Hammock: HH Backpackr Classic
Tarp: HH Hex 30D
Suspension: Webbing, Dutch Bling
Insulation: Costco, fleece, HHSS

Post by ADVStrom14 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:25 pm

Scott wrote:I still think we are hosed this November regardless. Just how bad will be the question.

Hillary - Money hungry power hungry narcissistic lying prostitute (selling anything not nailed down for her own gain, not the call girl type) RAcist Senator Bird was her mentor yet she calls Trump Racist. Anyone but her.

Trump - Money hungry power hungry narcissistic unstable bully (by his own admission he is not bound by any ideals, he lives in the moment regardless of previous statements or promises by him) I don't think he is racist, I think he thinks every living thing is beneath him regardless of race or nationality. A real crapshoot, no idea what he will actually do if he wins.

Gary - personality of a stump. not fighting for the office. No real chance to win.

Nailed it!

I truly feel like choosing a "presidential" candidate this November is like choosing which STD you want to live with.
I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

Scott
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Scott » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:31 pm

ADVStrom14 wrote:
Nailed it!

I truly feel like choosing a "presidential" candidate this November is like choosing which STD you want to live with.
:lol: :lol: :x :x :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil:
Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

Fastmatt
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Fastmatt » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:44 am

I would nvr vote for Hillary. I'm not excited about Trump but, I will nvr be extorted by threats of any kind no riot threat or actual riot will deter me from exercising my rights. In fact it strengthens my resolve to defy this attempted extortion tactic.

Fastmatt
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Fastmatt » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 am

In fact after discussing the probable riots if Trump wins my circle of friends are now all 100 percent going to vote and vote for Trump. So I guess this tactic has backfired in a small way already because most of them weren't even gonna vote .now they will just for spite to prove they will not be extorted.

Calait
Reactions:
Hammock: ENO DoubleNest Set
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation: closed foam

Post by Calait » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Both Johnson's comments on 2nd Amendment issues and carbon tax have me concerned, at this point I am only voting down ticket. But I do keep reading and praying.
Any day in the outdoors is better than a day at work.

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:55 pm

Calait wrote:Both Johnson's comments on 2nd Amendment issues and carbon tax have me concerned, at this point I am only voting down ticket. But I do keep reading and praying.
What is "voting down ticket"?
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:15 pm

BillyBob66 wrote:
Calait wrote:Both Johnson's comments on 2nd Amendment issues and carbon tax have me concerned, at this point I am only voting down ticket. But I do keep reading and praying.
What is "voting down ticket"?
Voting for everybody but the ones at the "top of the ticket", i.e. the Presidential candidate. AKA "skipping the box." Vpting for Congressman, Senator, State, City, and County offices only.

I did that last time around and they didn't get the message.

This time around, I'm voting for the third name on ballot, unless its an actual Nazi or Communist (or Lyndon LaRouche).

I see no functional, moral, or political difference between the two crap sandwiches the major parties have offered us, and I don't think there will be much difference in the Supreme Court Justices.

The only way for us to win this game is not to play it by their rules.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:17 pm

I'm OK with Hillary although she is more hawkish than I prefer. A lot of the criticisms leveled at her don't make much sense to me.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:05 am

GregD wrote:I'm OK with Hillary although she is more hawkish than I prefer. A lot of the criticisms leveled at her don't make much sense to me.
Especially the ones made by FBI Director Comey about being reckless, incompetent, and a liar.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:43 am

sarge wrote:
GregD wrote:I'm OK with Hillary although she is more hawkish than I prefer. A lot of the criticisms leveled at her don't make much sense to me.
Especially the ones made by FBI Director Comey about being reckless, incompetent, and a liar.
Those made sense. She is certainly far from perfect.

Return to “Politics”