Anybody else ???

Forum rules
Here, you can discuss Guns, Shooting, Hunting and other Outdoor Sports that involve Firearms. If you don't want to see Guns and related subjects being discussed, please respect the rights of the people here to do so in peace. We respect that right, that's why this forum was created. This Forum was not created for the purposes of you telling people that Guns shouldn't be discussed or that they should be banned. We respect your right to do so, but discussions about Gun Control and Gun Rights belong in the "I don't like guns and I want to say so." Forum and will be moved there when made in the Guns Forum.
Dochartaigh
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Anybody else ???

Post by Dochartaigh » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:58 am

I've liked spouting the fact that 400% more people die in the US each year by easily preventable medical mistakes by doctors, than die by firearms (both accidental, suicide, and criminal).

If they still persist, you can then get into how cars kill just as many people as guns do (tying into drunk drivers mentioned above).

And I love it when people start talking about "assault weapons" as literally 9/10 have no clue what that term means, or why one rifle should be considered an "assault weapon" (and this be banned in their eyes), vs. another type of rifle with the exact same 'deadlyness' (and sometimes you're talking about even more powerful weapons) would be left un-banned by their mistaken criteria.

Besides that I can't say much. As a firearm owner I go against most NRA-types (and certainly nearly all my pro-gun friends from the shooting club I belong to judging by their Facebook posts I see like 10,000 times a day) in that I wholeheartedly believe we should have universal background checks for all gun purchases (which should be tied into a mental health cross-referencing system of some sort).

Return to “Guns”