Ruger Finally Did It

Forum rules
Here, you can discuss Guns, Shooting, Hunting and other Outdoor Sports that involve Firearms. If you don't want to see Guns and related subjects being discussed, please respect the rights of the people here to do so in peace. We respect that right, that's why this forum was created. This Forum was not created for the purposes of you telling people that Guns shouldn't be discussed or that they should be banned. We respect your right to do so, but discussions about Gun Control and Gun Rights belong in the "I don't like guns and I want to say so." Forum and will be moved there when made in the Guns Forum.
sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Ruger Finally Did It

Post by sarge » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:58 am

One of the most satisfying things I've ever done in my life is the successful disassembly and reassembly of the Ruger MKI (getting the hammer strut and mainspring housing to fit together is a both an exercise in dexterity and a delicate balancing act). I once bought one from a guy who wasn't able to get it back together and thought he'd broken it in the process. The overly complicated reassembly process was a black mark on an otherwise magnificent pistol. Many folks never disassembled thier pistol properly for cleaning, opting instead to push the swab and brush from the muzzle and back again, wiping down the magazine, and light oiling.

Its taken dang near 60 years for Ruger to perfect the design,but perfect it they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqbiyPMA7CE

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

hikehunter
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Ruger Finally Did It

Post by hikehunter » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:53 pm

I always take my guns apart and clean them well before storage. When I am out at the range for a marathon shoot I will do the quick clean and then when I get home I have a long clean session.
There are wonders out there...now to go find them HFHS (Have Fun & Hike Safe)

Fat Bluegill
Reactions:
Hammock: Dream Hammock Sparro
Tarp: Warbonnet Superfly
Suspension: Various
Insulation: Pad and sleeping Bag

Post by Fat Bluegill » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:11 am

I agree, this one just "shot" right to the top of my buy list.

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:29 pm

Very interesting!
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Return to “Guns”