One of my favorites

Forum rules
Here, you can discuss your Faith, post inspirational and Theological memes and quotations, ask questions of a Religious and spritutal nature, and discuss how your Religious Tradition views Life and the Outdoors. This forum is completely Non-Denominational and respects all Faith Traditions, regardless of Diety. If you don't want to see God, Religion, and Theology being discussed, please respect the rights of the people here to do so in peace. We respect that right, that's why this forum was created. Discussion should always be respectful of the people here and thier beliefs. This Forum was not created for the purposes of you talking people out of thier Faith or to insult their intelligence. We respect your right to do so, but will not allow that kind of discussion here.
Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

One of my favorites

Post by Scuba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:51 pm

I have never been one you would look at and consider a "mainstream" Christian. I love punk music, grew up in the early 80s DC punk scene. Skate rat. Surfer...

I have always marched to the beat of a different band, forget the drummer. This is me.

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

V_Allen
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: One of my favorites

Post by V_Allen » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:44 pm

I've never really "fit in" growing up. Always was a loner. Very stubborn. Loved loud hard rock (60s 70s 80s). When I was Baptized in 2003, it changed my mind and soul, but I'm still a loner and still stubborn. Simply the way I am.
V_Allens Bridges For Bigger People v_allen@mail.com

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: One of my favorites

Post by sarge » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:15 pm

This is something you're not going to see on any of the Christian charts. This is something the band at my church did a few years ago. Its a different take on an old Rich Mullins classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82wrbay1YEE
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

GoatHanger
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: RE: One of my favorites

Post by GoatHanger » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Scuba wrote:I have never been one you would look at and consider a "mainstream" Christian. I love punk music, grew up in the early 80s DC punk scene. Skate rat. Surfer...

I have always marched to the beat of a different band, forget the drummer. This is me.

[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5a/d4/27/5ad427ee6c8cd56f8143c7086e494b46.jpg[/img]
I still skate sometimes. I'm 42. Slamming just hurts more/longer now.

DC hardcore/dischord... you speak a my language. If you haven't already watched Salad Days, check it out.

I don't fit in with any Christians I know either.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
This is my signature.

Return to “God”