My contribution to "Thought of the Day"

Forum rules
Here, you can discuss your Faith, post inspirational and Theological memes and quotations, ask questions of a Religious and spritutal nature, and discuss how your Religious Tradition views Life and the Outdoors. This forum is completely Non-Denominational and respects all Faith Traditions, regardless of Diety. If you don't want to see God, Religion, and Theology being discussed, please respect the rights of the people here to do so in peace. We respect that right, that's why this forum was created. Discussion should always be respectful of the people here and thier beliefs. This Forum was not created for the purposes of you talking people out of thier Faith or to insult their intelligence. We respect your right to do so, but will not allow that kind of discussion here.
PREACHER
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

My contribution to "Thought of the Day"

Post by PREACHER » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Here is a simple verse that I have been fascinated with. This post may also give you insight into how I conduct my bible study...

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand for us to do." - Ephesians 2:10

The word for "workmanship" here, in its original language is the Greek word "ποιημα" or "poema", once translated to Latin. It is where we get the English word "Poem".

Paul is literally saying "we are God's poem".
The word workmanship is accurate in the original language but in English we easily get sort of craftsman / carpentry illustration. Something created to serve a purpose, like a well-built house or bed frame.

Instead Paul is saying we are something intimately and beautifully made in Jesus, like a poem. Artistic, beautiful, vulnerable, and wholly special.

The other thing worth bringing out in this verse is the phrase "created in Jesus."
Everyone is created by God but this special poetic creation is specifically talking about Christians. It isn't talking about when you were born, but when you were "born again" because this is the creation that happens "in Jesus".

So Christians; Stop and meditate on the simple truth that you are God's poem. What a beautiful concept!

What does it mean to be God's poem?
What does that say about the works God has for us to do?

hikehunter
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: My contribution to "Thought of the Day"

Post by hikehunter » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:43 pm

God don't make junk.
There are wonders out there...now to go find them HFHS (Have Fun & Hike Safe)

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:12 pm

I've seen it translated:
10 We are God's work of art, created in Christ Jesus for the good works which God has already designated to make up our way of life.
Which is in keeping with the idea of poetry, but perhaps more descriptive of the original meaning.

I came across this while looking that verse up:
I am God's work of art
He crafted
My inmost being
And my heart

I am God's work of art
Sins may soil me
Events may try to abrade me
But God continues to work on me

I am God's work of art
More precious than the work
Of any artist
More intricate than any sculpted piece

I am God's work of art
My nerves and blood
My emotion, and imagination
Only God can create such masterpiece.

Champs Ulysses Cabinatan
I think it goes to something we've discussed before:

God has created us as the only creature on the planet that has the capacity to appreciate beauty, an attribute that gives us no evolutionary advantage over the other creatures, and therefore proof that we are created apart from them for a unique purpose.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

hikehunter
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by hikehunter » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:44 pm

Yes, we are created in his emage.
This is a very merkie area as to what is up and what is down.

Our heart is physicaly made by him thru biology.......however........ the feely part is up to us.
Yes he hardened Pharros(Nisspeeled) heart. we can harden our own heart if we choose.

The power of choice.....our greatest power..... that is not mine it is Zig Zigglar.
There are wonders out there...now to go find them HFHS (Have Fun & Hike Safe)

GoatHanger
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GoatHanger » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:26 pm

Thank you, PREACHER.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
This is my signature.

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:48 am

Very interesting, I had never seen that take on this verse before.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Matthew2000tx
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Matthew2000tx » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Thanks for sharing.
<>< Matthew R. <><
K5NON
Bike4Heck.com
Helotes, Texas

"Lighten Your Life And Enlighten Your Mind" -M.R.

Return to “God”