Verse of the Day

Forum rules
Here, you can discuss your Faith, post inspirational and Theological memes and quotations, ask questions of a Religious and spritutal nature, and discuss how your Religious Tradition views Life and the Outdoors. This forum is completely Non-Denominational and respects all Faith Traditions, regardless of Diety. If you don't want to see God, Religion, and Theology being discussed, please respect the rights of the people here to do so in peace. We respect that right, that's why this forum was created. Discussion should always be respectful of the people here and thier beliefs. This Forum was not created for the purposes of you talking people out of thier Faith or to insult their intelligence. We respect your right to do so, but will not allow that kind of discussion here.
BlackJack
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Verse of the Day

Post by BlackJack » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Simply said, would anyone mind if I posted (in this thread) a verse of the day? It will be totally random from one of the apps I use on my phone unless God leads me to a different verse that morning that he wants me to share with others during that day. I believe that it would be welcoming for others to post a verse that calls out to them (daily if you like) on that day as well. Happy Hangin!

1 Corinthians 15:57 ASV
57 but thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Verse of the Day

Post by sarge » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:53 pm

BlackJack wrote:Simply said, would anyone mind if I posted (in this thread) a verse of the day? It will be totally random from one of the apps I use on my phone unless God leads me to a different verse that morning that he wants me to share with others during that day. I believe that it would be welcoming for others to post a verse that calls out to them (daily if you like) on that day as well. Happy Hangin!

1 Corinthians 15:57 ASV
57 but thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ
Well, to answer your question:

1 Chronicles 16:9 Sing to Him, sing praises to Him;
Speak of all His wonders.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

PointPastor
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Sector 7 11'
Tarp: Yukon walk about
Suspension: whoppies
Insulation: DIY FrankenQuilt

Post by PointPastor » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:09 am

Ephesians 2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Romans 1:16

BlackJack
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by BlackJack » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:38 am

1 Chronicles 29:13
Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.

BlackJack
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by BlackJack » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:59 pm

Philippians 4:19 New International Version

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:31 pm

Jeremiah 31:35-37(NIV)

35 This is what the Lord says,

he who appoints the sun
to shine by day,
who decrees the moon and stars
to shine by night,
who stirs up the sea
so that its waves roar—
the Lord Almighty is his name:
“Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,”
declares the Lord,
“will Israel ever cease
being a nation before me.”

37 This is what the Lord says:

“Only if the heavens above can be measured
and the foundations of the earth below be searched out
will I reject all the descendants of Israel
because of all they have done,”
declares the Lord.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

BlackJack
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by BlackJack » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:53 am

"The voice of one crying out in the wilderness:
"Prepare the way of the Lord,
make his paths straight.
Every valley shall be filled,
and every mountain and hill shall be made low,
and the crooked shall be made straight;
and all flesh shall see the salvation of God."
Luke 3:4-6

GoatHanger
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GoatHanger » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Cuts me to the core, every time I read it. James is my favorite book. It's a mirror, but only if you're willing to look.

James 1:26-27 NKJV

If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

http://bible.com/114/jas.1.26-27.NKJV

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
This is my signature.

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:58 am

GoatHanger wrote:Cuts me to the core, every time I read it. James is my favorite book. It's a mirror, but only if you're willing to look.

If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Same here, Goathanger. Even after He saved me, I have so often failed to bridle my tongue, and failed to do those things at the end of that verse. Which makes me think of this:
Romans 7:21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, 23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

GoatHanger
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: RE: Re: Verse of the Day

Post by GoatHanger » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:14 am

BillyBob66 wrote:
GoatHanger wrote:Cuts me to the core, every time I read it. James is my favorite book. It's a mirror, but only if you're willing to look.

Same here, Goathanger. Even after He saved me, I have so often failed to bridle my tongue, and failed to do those things at the end of that verse. Which makes me think of this:
Romans 7:21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, 23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.
Absolutely, BillyBob66! Such encouraging words from Paul.

It's the combination of God showing me where I'm failing, then wrapping his arms around me and encouraging me after, that helps me grow. A never ending process. A wild adventure.

This is my signature.

Return to “God”