Somewhat Apropos

Forum rules
Here, you can discuss your Faith, post inspirational and Theological memes and quotations, ask questions of a Religious and spritutal nature, and discuss how your Religious Tradition views Life and the Outdoors. This forum is completely Non-Denominational and respects all Faith Traditions, regardless of Diety. If you don't want to see God, Religion, and Theology being discussed, please respect the rights of the people here to do so in peace. We respect that right, that's why this forum was created. Discussion should always be respectful of the people here and thier beliefs. This Forum was not created for the purposes of you talking people out of thier Faith or to insult their intelligence. We respect your right to do so, but will not allow that kind of discussion here.
sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Somewhat Apropos

Post by sarge » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:59 am

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Baby Huey
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Somewhat Apropos

Post by Baby Huey » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:04 pm

Society is so scared to offend people. They can't use common sense and say if you do not like the song, then do not attend or kindly wait outside while the "Offensive" song is being played if they don't like it.
"Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place."
-Capt. Malcolm Reynolds-

V_Allen
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by V_Allen » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Actually there is only a few people who say they are "offended" out of thousands. One person with a knife scares hundreds because this is a generation of sheep who are afraid to get involved (or worse just ignore whats happening) even when It can save someones life. The truth is offensive to many, but lies are praised and excepted. Corruption is looked at like "Hey, everyone does it. So why not me too?" The lie is easy, the truth is hard.

I thank God everyday for letting me offend people with the truth. I don't back down from my principles and if I'm wrong I admit it. My kids were taught right from wrong from the git go. If they did something bad they were punished - usually with a good spanking (Yes, I beat my children, so there!). They grew up strong and straight and I've cut them loose to offend others with the truth. They actually respect their elders and say "Sir" and "Ma'am" and help people that need help. I can't ask for more than that.

Ok, I'm off the soapbox now.

Vince
V_Allens Bridges For Bigger People v_allen@mail.com

Muttley
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Muttley » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Today in church the Pastor had our annual tradition of "The Blessing of the Backpacks". It's where he says a special prayer for all the students and teachers in our church. Of course my wife and 4 and 5 year old went to the front of the church with their backpacks on. The Preacher said something that stuck out for me. He said, "even though we can't preach the gospel at school, we can live the gospel which is even more important". At first I was kind sad about the talking about religion at school. But the next where he said it's even more important to live the gospel really struck me as a good thing. That's one thing the schools can't stop, living the gospel.
The Pastor also handed out dog tags to put on their backpacks that had a scripture on them. The sad thing I thought was, I wonder if the schools will say anything about them? Oh well, let them and I'll cross that bridge if I have to cross it. Here are their backpack tags.
[img][IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i297/ ... nk1ypj.jpg[/img][/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Oh S#!t!' is usually the moment when your plan parts ways with reality

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:26 am

Political correctness has crippled this nation. It gets worse by the day.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Return to “God”