ipokebadgers
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Not an adventure

Post by ipokebadgers » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:51 am

I love cold weather camping. Up to this year I had hammock camped in 30 degree weather and froze. A couple of years ago l got a ENO synthetic under quilt and life was much better but still uncomfortable sometimes. This year I purchase some used gear. TQ and UQ both by HG and rated at 20*. Friday afternoon I set up in the back yard. My wife just shakes her head and laughs and says the neighbors are going to think she threw me out of the house. In the afternoon it was around 50*. My oldest daughter and her husband were visiting and she joined me while I was getting everything hung. She was going to sit in one of our big backyard rope hammocks but was too cold. I got her to get in my hammock and showed her how to lay flat. She fell asleep in a couple minutes. She now refers to my hammock as a cocoon.

My son-in-law asked if I would come back in the house if I got too cold insinuating I would not admit failure. My wife laughed again. That night it got down to 28*. I actually had to vent a little because I was too warm. So now I have proved my set up to below freezing. I know I can get it comfortably to 20* and with the right clothing could go lower.

As the title suggests, this wasn't a trip or an adventure but was a nice hang in my cocoon of downy goodness.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Not an adventure

Post by sarge » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:33 am

If you're sleeping outside in 28 degree weather, I think that qualifies as an adventure.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Return to “Regional Subforums”