Sheldon
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Bridge
Tarp: Blue crinkly one
Suspension: Rings
Insulation: PLUQ

Brigde Hammock Question

Post by Sheldon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 am

Morning, quick question. Have seen some pictures that appear to show bridge hammocks that are reinforced with webbing at the ends where the spreader bars attach. Is this so? Everything I have seen to date on a DIY bridge has webbing running the length of the body. Appreciate any assistance and/or guidance.

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: Brigde Hammock Question

Post by BillyBob66 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Sheldon wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 am
Morning, quick question. Have seen some pictures that appear to show bridge hammocks that are reinforced with webbing at the ends where the spreader bars attach. Is this so? Everything I have seen to date on a DIY bridge has webbing running the length of the body. Appreciate any assistance and/or guidance.
I would have to go put one up and look to be sure. But seems to me my WB Ridgerunner has a double layer of webbing sewn on the ends, which is what you are supposed to use to pull yourself up in the hammock, I think. I don't think my JRBs have that double layer on the ends, but both brands have a full length piece of webbing running from spreader bars at the foot end to the same at the head end, with the hammock body/fabric hanging from that webbing.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Sheldon
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Bridge
Tarp: Blue crinkly one
Suspension: Rings
Insulation: PLUQ

Post by Sheldon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:45 pm

BillyBob66 wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 am
I would have to go put one up and look to be sure. But seems to me my WB Ridgerunner has a double layer of webbing sewn on the ends, which is what you are supposed to use to pull yourself up in the hammock, I think. I don't think my JRBs have that double layer on the ends, but both brands have a full length piece of webbing running from spreader bars at the foot end to the same at the head end, with the hammock body/fabric hanging from that webbing.
Thanks much. Have never seen one in real life, going off the pics could just see the bit at the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

georgecarr
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by georgecarr » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:27 am

The WBRR has heavy webbing at the end that is used to attach the metal pieces the spreader bars slip into. That is the webbing that caused the recall on the Ridge Runner because it was fraying.

Return to “DIY General Information”