Holster Ridgeline Organizer - The project that turned me off to the 'other' site...

Calait
Reactions:
Hammock: ENO DoubleNest Set
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation: closed foam

Re: Holster Ridgeline Organizer - The project that turned me off to the 'other' site...

Post by Calait » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:23 pm

Nice job on the project, once I figure my setup out I may copy it.

Any day in the outdoors is better than a day at work.

Flatliner
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Holster Ridgeline Organizer - The project that turned me off to the 'other' site...

Post by Flatliner » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:42 pm

One comment on the project that I didn't mention in the PDF. IF you carry a Glock or any pistol without a mechanical safety, I would HIGLY recommend NOT keeping a round in the pipe. Unlike a kydex holster, there is nothing to guarantee that you can't accidently pull the trigger while holstering or unholstering the weapon. I built this one for a Glock 19 even though the picture shows a Tauris 24/7. I am going to make another one for my FNX tactical WITH the Supressor attached, just because I can...
Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

Just a middle age guy who likes doing outdoor things with his great kids...

G_Man
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by G_Man » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:55 pm

Love the disclaimer!!! Echo the comments on "the other place". As one who occasionally carries while hammocking I too think this type of info needs to be shared. Anything that makes "carry life" easier and safer is a win-win in my book. Thank you for the how to, putting it on the ever growing list of projects.

Maybe PapaSmurf could offer a similar design............??? I like the RL gun pocket, but this takes that a step forward. Double duty and all
Keep your booger hook off the boom switch until you're ready to fire!!

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:07 pm

Calait wrote:
Flatliner wrote:All,

Here is the DIY project that turned me off to the 'other' hammock discussion forum. Personally, I think there are a lot of hammock campers who carry a gun. (I for one, carry it much more for two legged snakes than any real fear of wild animals.) However, sharing a pic of this organizer got me scolded and my pic removed. It was deemed political and not hammock related

For your enjoyment, here is how I manage a gun in a gathered end hammock.

(Scuba agreed to host the PDF and attach it... Thank you sir)
I ask a question related to GPS and other gear, only to receive a scolding as well. I too have left that site.
A lecture about a GPS question? That is odd even elsewhere!
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

gmcpcs
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY WB Clone ATACS
Tarp: DIY Hex ATACS FG
Suspension: Cargo strap loop, BN
Insulation: PLUQ, Down, DIY

Post by gmcpcs » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:48 am

I like your plans and the idea. I wonder if using a heavier weight material, such as Cordura, could help with keeping the holster section stiffer? I have used your "outline method" to tighten up the fit of one of those cheaper holsters for my firearm.

Take it easy, glad to have you on hammockhangers.net :)
GMCPCS

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages.
Sam Houston
"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15b

Flatliner
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Flatliner » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:03 am

I have several Cordura versions in my supplies bin but didn't want to make it any heavier than it had to be. The truth is, it works well as is, I'm just Glock phobic.
Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:58 pm

Flatliner wrote:I have several Cordura versions in my supplies bin but didn't want to make it any heavier than it had to be. The truth is, it works well as is, I'm just Glock phobic.
Striker fired guns are of the devil. A real pistol needs a hammer....
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

Flatliner
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Flatliner » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:41 pm

Scuba wrote:
Flatliner wrote:I have several Cordura versions in my supplies bin but didn't want to make it any heavier than it had to be. The truth is, it works well as is, I'm just Glock phobic.
Striker fired guns are of the devil. A real pistol needs a hammer....
I tend to agree. The volunteer security team I serve on requires me to carry the Glock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “DIY General Information”