SuperflyMD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

X-Pot

Post by SuperflyMD » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:25 am

This is probably obvious to you all, but this...

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-to-Summit-110 ... B00NHP6JUK

Is made for camp stoves, not campfires. :oops: :cry:

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Re: X-Pot

Post by Scuba » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:31 am

that is sweet, new toy incoming.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

Baby Huey
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Baby Huey » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:32 am

Do you have one? I have been looking at them since they were on pre-order, but wanted to wait to get people's opinion on them before taking the leap.
"Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place."
-Capt. Malcolm Reynolds-

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:52 am

Sweet mother of gumbo and charro beans!
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

V_Allen
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by V_Allen » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:03 pm

Baby Huey wrote:Do you have one? I have been looking at them since they were on pre-order, but wanted to wait to get people's opinion on them before taking the leap.
Same here - been waiting for opinions too.
V_Allens Bridges For Bigger People v_allen@mail.com

DuxDawg
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by DuxDawg » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:24 am

Me too on waiting in the wings. I'd be super careful using one around a campfire but on an alky stove it would probably do just fine. http://www.seatosummit.com.au/products/kitchen/x-pot/
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!" Philippians 4:4 NASB
"The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9 NASB

SuperflyMD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by SuperflyMD » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:50 am

DuxDawg wrote:Me too on waiting in the wings. I'd be super careful using one around a campfire but on an alky stove it would probably do just fine. http://www.seatosummit.com.au/products/kitchen/x-pot/

Where were you when I needed you...

HammockMama
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by HammockMama » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:47 am

This pot has a HUGE coolness factor but the weight is prohibitive for me. Making a pot collapsible doesn't seem like such a huge space saver, once compared to stuffing a pot with other items to be carried. All this aside, it will be interesting to see how this pot plays out in use. Can the pot be used with the sides partially collapsed, so the pot is in a frying pan configuration? That would add to the multiuse capabilities. Does the silicone side keep the food hot longer? Does the pot hold up to dry baking food inside? This will be interesting for me to watch.

DuxDawg
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by DuxDawg » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:49 pm

SuperflyMD wrote: Where were you when I needed you...
I commiserate with you in your epic loss. :cry: Too cool and too pricey for it to not last for many years.

HammockMama wrote: Making a pot collapsible doesn't seem like such a huge space saver, once compared to stuffing a pot with other items to be carried.
I agree.
Can the pot be used with the sides partially collapsed, so the pot is in a frying pan configuration?
That is an interesting idea.
Does the silicone side keep the food hot longer?
My collapsible silicon bowl and mug cool off more quickly than those made of SS, melamine, wood, etc. Melamine is by far my favorite.
Does the pot hold up to dry baking food inside?
They make pie pans and cookie sheets of it so it does seem likely. Be a lot safer to wet bake with these though.
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!" Philippians 4:4 NASB
"The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9 NASB

HammockMama
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by HammockMama » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:30 am

Silicone bakeware does have its temperature limits. I have some muffin liners to prove that...

SuperflyMD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by SuperflyMD » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:27 pm

Heh heh...Muffin Liners...

SGT Rock
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by SGT Rock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:35 pm

HammockMama wrote:This pot has a HUGE coolness factor but the weight is prohibitive for me. Making a pot collapsible doesn't seem like such a huge space saver, once compared to stuffing a pot with other items to be carried. All this aside, it will be interesting to see how this pot plays out in use. Can the pot be used with the sides partially collapsed, so the pot is in a frying pan configuration? That would add to the multiuse capabilities. Does the silicone side keep the food hot longer? Does the pot hold up to dry baking food inside? This will be interesting for me to watch.
I agree with this. I just looked at them and not only is the weight an issue, but the smallest pot size is way more than I want to carry. Maybe they will eventually have an UL version LOL. Otherwise I just keep stuffing my 1.99 ounce "pot" with other items and call it good.
No Sniveling!

life_scout
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by life_scout » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:32 pm

While out at Philmont with the scouts. The Rangers informed us any silicone dishware would retain food odors and have to hung in the bear bag at night.

I wonder if it's fear of an unknown new bowl material that has then worried or if it porous enough to retain food particulates. Some one will have to cool spaghetti in one and report back.

Return to “Cookware, Recipes, and Waterware (is that a word?)”