V_Allen
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

WallyWorld Ceramic Pan

Post by V_Allen » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:20 am

Good morning all. My wife Barb just brought home a new 8" fry pan she found at wallyworld. Its ceramic coated aluminum made in China. Cost was $7.00 and change. Looks good so far. The best part is the handle comes off easily.
Barb and I cook pretty much everything in a fry pan while out on the trail - soup, meat, fish, bread, rice, etc. We like an all in one solution. Water gets boiled in a separate pot. Our old pan - a GSI fry pan is pretty much shot after 12 years of hard use, so now the ceramic will replace it.

The pan weighs 12.75oz with the handle and 9.2oz without.

How does it perform? Really well! The instructions say not to preheat it as it heats quickly and not to use harsh scrubbing to clean it. I cooked up some breakfast (eggs and cheese omelet) on the alcohol stove and it cooks just fine. Clean-up was rinse and towel dry. The ceramic coating is very slick.

So I have to give it 2 thumbs up as the price and performance is awesome.
20150918_085206.jpg
20150918_085328.jpg
20150918_085218.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

V_Allens Bridges For Bigger People v_allen@mail.com

HammockMama
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: WallyWorld Ceramic Pan

Post by HammockMama » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:53 am

I really like my ceramic pans but will not be carrying any on the trail...too-much-weight!

Your old pan can act nearly new if you line it with parchment paper. I expected it to burn right up, but parchment worked OK for us in a sticky coated pan for eggs and more.

Baby Huey
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: WallyWorld Ceramic Pan

Post by Baby Huey » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:35 am

I got one of the flecked stone non tick pans from Wally World for the same reason. You can jack the handle from your old pan and install it on the new one if it is really wanted and keep the folding handle option.
"Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place."
-Capt. Malcolm Reynolds-

Return to “Cookware, Recipes, and Waterware (is that a word?)”