Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

New Merrell Moab FST

Post by Scuba » Sun May 29, 2016 8:32 pm

Lighter, and they seem to be more able to walk dry. I just got mine yesterday and will give more info as I wear them more.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en/moab-fst/2 ... ab&start=1

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Re: New Merrell Moab FST

Post by Scuba » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:00 pm

10 Mile impression..... Ok, yeah, i have put about 10 miles on them and love them so far. They weigh about 1/2 the weight of the Moab ventilator low-top. The sole feels 2x cushier, but the tread feels firm and very grippy. They feel to run a tad larger than the Moab ventilator of the same size, might just be me, but you should double check for yourself. Not incredibly impressed with the color selection ( i like the walnut and the earth color of the original Moab Ventilators) with the choices being blue or black variations or a red (red is only in regular width, not wide).

Anyway, very comfy, light on the feet, and plenty of mesh for walking them dry. Will add more as i accrue more miles on them.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

kev137
Reactions:
Hammock: diy HyperD 1.6oz
Tarp: Warbonnet Mamajamba
Suspension: Whoopie slings tree
Insulation: DIY climashield/ Snu

Re: New Merrell Moab FST

Post by kev137 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:41 am

I tryed on the moabs and they just didn't fit my foot right. I was looking at some low top shoes for hiking here in Florida. No matter what size i tryed they seemed to slip on my heal way to much. I ended up getting a pair of merrell boots instead. Then a couple of weeks ago i picked up a pair of Merrell trail runners, mix masters, for $20.00 from a shoe store going out of business sale. So far my favourite shoes. Where em everyday, and had out for a day hike and i love em.

My last pair of merrell boots cost me a bit, but lasted me almost 20 years. They were almost through the second set of souls when the leather inside gave out. This pair was only $100 so if they last me 3-4 years I'll be happy.
" No sympathy for the devil. You buy the ticket, you take the ride", Hunter S. Thompson

Return to “Clothing”