hikehunter
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

REI Garage Sale and Super Sale

Post by hikehunter » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:01 pm

The REI Garage sale is 13Feb. @ the Southlake location. This is a store that has only been open a year.
I was there today to pickup a few small items.
One of the companies "big wigs" was visiting the store. Some VP of something. He and I talked for almost an hour.
During our talk he told me that not only is next weeken the garage sale, but they are clearing out all the winter clothing at 40% to 70% off on some items. Some of the NorthFace is disconntinued and the price will be cut to below cost on some items.
It is going to be their "Black Friday" sale. As they were closed after Thanksgiving and they had recived possitive feed back on doing so.

He told me about some companies that are coming out with some new products that will be see soon.

He showed me the new Jetboil pot that can boil 2/3 a gal. water in less than 11 min. Theis thing is huge. It is a group cook set.

They had the z-rest sit pads on special today---- $3.00 ------------- wow I got one of those as there were only 2 left on the shelf.

If you want any Arycltec, he hinted that something special was coming this spring. I am glad I went to REI today it was interesting and fun.

Just passing on some information. Have a good super bowl weekend everybody.

There are wonders out there...now to go find them HFHS (Have Fun & Hike Safe)

Rich S.
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: REI Garage Sale and Super Sale

Post by Rich S. » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:26 am

Thank you for the heads up...
Then tried to remember which of Houston's 2 REIs was Southlake.
That's in that darn Yankee country, outside Dallas.

Return to “Clothing”