ADVStrom14
Reactions:
Hammock: HH Backpackr Classic
Tarp: HH Hex 30D
Suspension: Webbing, Dutch Bling
Insulation: Costco, fleece, HHSS

LADIES backpacking clothing

Post by ADVStrom14 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:14 am

Disclaimer: This thread is going to be a thread about pants and underwear. Men, you've been warned.

Ladies - I need some hiking pants and hiking underwear. My stipulations are:
Pants:
-No cotton
-Sturdy enough to wear a belt and carry a knife and probably a pistol
-Water resistant
-Not opposed to skirts and/or kilts
-Since it's getting to be fall I would like to get something that is suitable for cooler weather
-Budget friendly
-And (I know this sounds vain but...) doesn't look like high waters. I cannot figure out why all the women's pants I've looked at look like high water pants.

Underwear:
-No cotton
-Nothing girly that's a (literal) pain in the rear end
-I would like to have some boy shorts or like men's long briefs
-At the very least briefs
-Budget friendly

Thanks in advance.

I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Re: LADIES backpacking clothing

Post by Scuba » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Ex officio makes great Underwear. I like the Men's Boxer Brief and my wife likes Women's sports mesh bikini brief . I usually buy them on massdrop when i can get 3 pairs for around $25. I started wearing them for hiking but love them so much I bought tons more and wear them every day.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

southernfire97
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by southernfire97 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:43 pm

My wife wears icebreaker underwear and generally Magellan/Columbia capris or the convertible pants. She has a few hiking skirts as well, for when we do long hikes. Hope that helps maybe

HammockMom
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by HammockMom » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:06 pm

Haven't checked in for quite a while. ExOfficio GivenGo underwear ROCKS. It really does dry fast, as is advertised, and is very light. I have some of the lacy topped ones. Yes, that sounds "girlie," but I find they lie really flat, so no panty lines or rubbing under other clothing and belts. You will find some of this line as boy shorts and mesh briefs, as well as thongs." I don't see the last ones as backpacking underwear, but they do exist. Hubby likes his GivenGo men's undershorts and T-shirts. Stock up if you can find a sale at Sierra Trading Post, ExOfficio's site, or other retailers. I get better prices at these sales than I see at MassDrop. I also like their pants and shorts, some of which are very light. Right now, a favorite is Columbia's line of pants and capris with a nylon/elastane blend, designated Omni-shield and Omni-shade. they have just a little stretch and breathe amazingly well. I liked my first pair so well that I searched out others in different colors and styles, on sale, of course.

ADVStrom14
Reactions:

Post by ADVStrom14 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:30 pm

Thanks for the info. I found some pants that I really like so I went back and bought a couple pairs off amazon when they went on sale. I got the prAna Halle in lined and unlined. They are water resistant and when do get wet they dry quickly. They also seem to wash well as I got some mud and tree junk on them cutting firewood after the hurricane and it washed completely out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A8 ... UTF8&psc=1

I'm still looking for same "drawers" though so I appreciate the info. I'm going to try out some of the exofficio's since that seems to be highly recommended.
I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

HammockMom
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by HammockMom » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:36 am

Definitely look for sales and clearances. Full price is just crazy! STP has a sale right now, ending tonight, 10/17/16. Keycode DKE0143T. Min $100 purchase for free shipping with this code.

PREACHER
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by PREACHER » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Scuba wrote:Ex officio makes great Underwear. I like the Men's Boxer Brief and my wife likes Women's sports mesh bikini brief . I usually buy them on massdrop when i can get 3 pairs for around $25. I started wearing them for hiking but love them so much I bought tons more and wear them every day.
^This.

My wife won't buy anything else now.

Hanes came out with a sport mesh line for ladies but they aren't even close to the comfort (according to my wife) and durability of exofficio.

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Post by UncleMJM » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:26 pm

PREACHER wrote:
Scuba wrote:Ex officio makes great Underwear. I like the Men's Boxer Brief and my wife likes Women's sports mesh bikini brief . I usually buy them on massdrop when i can get 3 pairs for around $25. I started wearing them for hiking but love them so much I bought tons more and wear them every day.
^This.

My wife won't buy anything else now.

Hanes came out with a sport mesh line for ladies but they aren't even close to the comfort (according to my wife) and durability of exofficio.
Since we're talking about our wives underwear,...

here's another vote for the Exofficio. She likes her's and I like mine.

ADVStrom14
Reactions:

Post by ADVStrom14 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:08 pm

PREACHER wrote: Hanes came out with a sport mesh line for ladies but they aren't even close to the comfort (according to my wife) and durability of exofficio.
LOL! I'm glad you clarified this! :lol:

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:42 pm

ADVStrom14 wrote:
PREACHER wrote: Hanes came out with a sport mesh line for ladies but they aren't even close to the comfort (according to my wife) and durability of exofficio.
LOL! I'm glad you clarified this! :lol:
:lol: .................
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Karla (with a k)
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: ENO Housefly
Suspension: Ultimate Straps
Insulation: DIY

Post by Karla (with a k) » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:50 pm

ADVStrom14 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:14 am
Underwear:
-No cotton
-Nothing girly that's a (literal) pain in the rear end
-I would like to have some boy shorts or like men's long briefs
-At the very least briefs
-Budget friendly
What brand did you end up selecting? Did it meet all your criteria? (I'm curious as I'm searching for a good pair)
◘ Dec 8-10: DaShack Hang @ Iola, WI ◘ May 18-20: BACONFEST 2018 @ Lake Kegonsa SP ◘ My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/karlawithak216

Return to “Clothing”