brianb2
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Double Layer
Tarp: DIY Asym or Winter
Suspension: Mule Tape and Becket
Insulation: DIY Integrated UQ

Quoting someone who's quoted someone else

Post by brianb2 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:11 pm

I've noticed that if I quote someone, who has already quoted someone else it pulls in the entire thread. I get their response and the response of what they quoted also. If that's just a setting in the system, it would be nice to only get the text of the person you're quoting and not the text of the other person as well.

Thanks

Family motto - we may joke, but we don't judge.
Trail Name = Beans

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Re: Quoting someone who's quoted someone else

Post by Scuba » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:38 pm

will look into it when i get a chance to dig into the system later this week
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

hikehunter
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by hikehunter » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:44 pm

Just a little change of topic here. Place this where you thinks it should go. (even in the trash).

I have been looking at the hammock "king daddy forum" (caugh*hack*) HF ...the last few days. There is a thread about "ultralight bigitry"
I places a short comment that got picked up and quoted by a few others. Guess what my original post is gone, removed.

Then I go and look at my account history. They moved and banned me from a thread. A thread I did not start. A thread I know nothing about....guess what,,,,,someone somewhere made it look as is I started it.

In Feb 2015 I paid to be a "member" of said forum. I did not renew as I felt no real need to use the special areas.
Wonder if that has anything to do with it????

I will make a second post here with the original quote. If you find that my brand of KUNG FU is too strong ....you may remove it.
There are wonders out there...now to go find them HFHS (Have Fun & Hike Safe)

hikehunter
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by hikehunter » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:45 pm

Original quote

"Its all good......opinions are like A**holes.....everyone has one and reserves the right to be one."
There are wonders out there...now to go find them HFHS (Have Fun & Hike Safe)

Mophead
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Mophead » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:10 pm

Along with Sarge's bunker you should add a "Sarge's Octagon" and all the people with beef from HF can settle it. :D

I'm pretty sure I saw the start of that thread, BTW. There was a guy that thought people were being too mean to "ultra-lighters" (whoever those yahoos are). Granted, some people CAN be annoying, but who cares if some guy you don't know from a bar of soap poo poos on your forum post. He probably hardly hikes and has 10,000 posts anyway.

I think a lot of the disdain for ultralight is just sour grapes. But that's just this a#$&*!# 's opinion ;)

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:59 am

hikehunter wrote:Just a little change of topic here. Place this where you thinks it should go. (even in the trash).

I have been looking at the hammock "king daddy forum" (caugh*hack*) HF ...the last few days. There is a thread about "ultralight bigitry"
I places a short comment that got picked up and quoted by a few others. Guess what my original post is gone, removed.

Then I go and look at my account history. They moved and banned me from a thread. A thread I did not start. A thread I know nothing about....guess what,,,,,someone somewhere made it look as is I started it.

In Feb 2015 I paid to be a "member" of said forum. I did not renew as I felt no real need to use the special areas.
Wonder if that has anything to do with it????

I will make a second post here with the original quote. If you find that my brand of KUNG FU is too strong ....you may remove it.
Well I read the entire thread, or at least a thread about UL bigotry. I was thinking about making my very 1st post there in a long time, to moderator O and B, a friendly response, but thread was closed. He was the mod who informed me of the rules change since my short absence which resulted in me cutting way, way back over there. I must say he was very nice and understanding, possibly not even agreeing with the changes that came from above, but rules is rules.

But mainly I was looking for your ( Hikehunter's) posts, but could not find them. Which was dumb of me because you say you were banned from the thread. ( same user name? ) Which is really surprising considering the tone of the overall thread and comments of many others. Banned for saying ""Its all good......opinions are like A**holes.....everyone has one and reserves the right to be one.""? Makes no sense.
Last edited by BillyBob66 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

ADVStrom14
Reactions:
Hammock: HH Backpackr Classic
Tarp: HH Hex 30D
Suspension: Webbing, Dutch Bling
Insulation: Costco, fleece, HHSS

Post by ADVStrom14 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:24 am

brianb2 wrote:I've noticed that if I quote someone, who has already quoted someone else it pulls in the entire thread. I get their response and the response of what they quoted also. If that's just a setting in the system, it would be nice to only get the text of the person you're quoting and not the text of the other person as well.

Thanks
Idk if your tapatalk looks like mine but I have the option to edit the quoted text when I respond to someone. In the top of the box where it shows the quote there is a little pencil with a square and it lets me go in and edit the quote. I have started using the web version on my phone though because tapatalk is not playing nice. The web version lets me edit as well so I can use all or part of the quote and cut out what I don't want. Hope that helps you.
I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:29 pm

I just edit the quotes to only show what i think is relevant, And as for Tapatalk, I might need to update it on the forum, just got back from a trip so it is on this week's thing to look into list.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

Return to “To whom it may concern...”