Hambone922
Reactions:
Hammock: Wildhorn Outfitters
Tarp: Yukon Outfitters
Suspension: Litespeed and cinch
Insulation:

Re: 30 Degree Underquilt Giveaway

Post by Hambone922 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi Sarge! I saw your vid on Mississippi Hammock Camping Facebook page. Awesome GAW! I'm in!

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Post by UncleMJM » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:19 pm

sarge wrote:
ATO Mark wrote:Hey Sarge, how's it going. Thanks for ghe lead on this group. Just what I needed.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. I'm not the lead, though. Scuba is. I'm just the loudest and best looking---
Well, at least you're batting .500. :lol:

Mtngeronimo
Reactions:
Hammock: Hammeck
Tarp:
Suspension: Dutch Stuff
Insulation:

Post by Mtngeronimo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:37 pm

Throwing my name in the hat. This would be great for my ground dwelling son who is now convinced of the virtues of the hammock since our last adventure.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:17 am

Germish06 wrote:I really enjoy your videos. Though you may say youre rambling sometimes, I say youre making it interesting by making it funny and not sounding like a robot. Yore also very informative on your techniques. I Unfortunately haven't found any of these blankets at Costco to try and make my own. This would help with one of 4 that I'd have to make. Stay safe.
Thanks for watching! You should see how much rambling I edit out.
TreeSlinger wrote:Hi Sarge! New to the group. Just started hanging this summer! I was a lifelong ground dweller and got tired of waking up tired and sore from sleeping on the ground. I have been sleeping elevated comfortably now! Love the videos also.......
Your story is the story of many. I know that I'd stopped backpacking for about 10-15 years because I'd just gotten tired of walking all day then getting down on my hands and knees to crawl into a place where I would sleep on roots and rocks.
neim0003 wrote:Love your videos on Costco underquilts, would love to win one. Thanks for all you do!
Well, maybe not ALL I do. sometimes I eat the last piece of pizza without asking-----
Darth wrote:Enjoyed your video Sarge! Thanks for the opportunity to win.
Thanks for watching!
irokk wrote:Well hey there, Sarge! I didn't even know about this forum until you posted your video in the SoCal Hangers page. iRokk, reporting for duty! Also putting my name in the hat :p
Thanks for watching! The name is in the hat!
Juswannahangwithya wrote:I would really like to win this !
You're in dude!
OutDoorZombie wrote:Just discovered your Channel Sargevining --- and I am glad that I did. You provide honest commentary -- and that is refreshing. Keep up the great work!!
Thanks for watching! I may have told a fib or two in the chili videos---
SquirrelDaddy wrote:I'd love to have the quilt! Just getting started in this realm. Just short on cash.
Tahnks for watching! That's what my channel is all about: helping folks short on cash make that cash go as far as it can go.
Hambone922 wrote:Hi Sarge! I saw your vid on Mississippi Hammock Camping Facebook page. Awesome GAW! I'm in!
Thanls for watching! That MS page is one of the more active local pages. Scuba and I were going to try and make your hang in Nov, but its the same weekend as our TX hang.
UncleMJM wrote:
sarge wrote:
ATO Mark wrote:Hey Sarge, how's it going. Thanks for ghe lead on this group. Just what I needed.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. I'm not the lead, though. Scuba is. I'm just the loudest and best looking---
Well, at least you're batting .500. :lol:
Dang. That's better'n Ted Williams.
Mtngeronimo wrote:Throwing my name in the hat. This would be great for my ground dwelling son who is now convinced of the virtues of the hammock since our last adventure.
Looks like the hat is the place to be! Keep that kid up in the air!
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Sinfonian
Reactions:
Hammock: Grand Trunk
Tarp: Grand Trunk
Suspension: Whoopie slings etc.
Insulation: Big Angus 20 degree

Post by Sinfonian » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Hello, Sinfonian here, finally tried hammock camping this year and am never going back. I can sleep through the night now, something I can't do on the ground or at home for that matter. As winter is coming in know I need anot under quilt, but it's not high on my list of gear to buy so I researched how to make one. I have zero skills so the snaps were intriguing. Haven't found the throws yet, then I saw this post. I may not have to learn right away. Thanks for the giveaway and enjoy the vacation!

RoamingGentile
Reactions:
Hammock: Eno Sub7
Tarp: Kelty Noah 12
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by RoamingGentile » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:30 pm

Glad to join and also be apart of this. Your videos are great and have challenged me to start making my own stuff.

brubenking
Reactions:
Hammock: HH
Tarp: HH
Suspension: HH
Insulation: Snugpak

Post by brubenking » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:40 pm

Great videos Sarge hope to win the quilt to go with the Hennessy Hammock I purchased off of letgo the other day, now just need some straps and to find a time to escape!

jakeh56
Reactions:
Hammock: Multiple Hammocks
Tarp:
Suspension: Multiple
Insulation: None

Post by jakeh56 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Sarge could you please count me in? Thanks.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Sinfonian wrote:Hello, Sinfonian here, finally tried hammock camping this year and am never going back. I can sleep through the night now, something I can't do on the ground or at home for that matter. As winter is coming in know I need anot under quilt, but it's not high on my list of gear to buy so I researched how to make one. I have zero skills so the snaps were intriguing. Haven't found the throws yet, then I saw this post. I may not have to learn right away. Thanks for the giveaway and enjoy the vacation!
Well, if you don't win, I know a guy who does a fair "How To" video---
RoamingGentile wrote:Glad to join and also be apart of this. Your videos are great and have challenged me to start making my own stuff.
Thanls for watching! What are you going to make if you win the UQ?
brubenking wrote:Great videos Sarge hope to win the quilt to go with the Hennessy Hammock I purchased off of letgo the other day, now just need some straps and to find a time to escape!
Time. I had some of that once-----
jakeh56 wrote:Sarge could you please count me in? Thanks.
You are counted!
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

tstark
Reactions:
Hammock: BoM Moskito Kakoon
Tarp: Chinook 9x12
Suspension: Atlas Straps
Insulation: Jarbridge UQ/ DIY TQ

Post by tstark » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:43 pm

That would make a great gift for my employee of the year prize. All of my employees hang, except one - he's been asking a lot of questions lately. I think he's hammock-curious, and a great worker.

bodhran4me
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by bodhran4me » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:36 am

Hey Sarge cool GAW!

Or is it a warm GAW? It is a down UQ, after all. Also, I have enjoyed your instructionals and would like to take this chance to say thanks....again.

Cheers!

outsideTX
Reactions:
Hammock: ENO Doublenest
Tarp: ENO Housefly
Suspension:
Insulation: air pad

Post by outsideTX » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:45 am

Hey Sarge, cool giveaway. Who couldn't use a 30 Degree Underquilt Giveaway? 8-)

Abner
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Abner » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:02 pm

How much does it weigh? It looks light. Maybe a pound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axlingen
Reactions:
Hammock: Goodwin
Tarp: Free Solider
Suspension: Atlas straps
Insulation: Simple foam pad

Post by Axlingen » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Cold greetings from Norway! Love your videos, tips and tricks you provide through your channel.
Could definitely change my simple foam sleeping pad with an UQ this winter!

Marius

JasonR74
Reactions:
Hammock: ENO doublenest
Tarp: ENO Pro Fly
Suspension: Atlas Straps
Insulation: Looking for better

Post by JasonR74 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:14 pm

Hello Sarge and all fellow hammock hangers.

Just ran across your Youtube DIY hamock quilts. Looks GREAT! Gonna have to grab a couple brews, pop some popcorn and take a look at the lot of them. Also gonna have to check about a COSTCO membership!

Well putting may name in for a chance to win one of your great quilts, and in the meantime gonna see if I can gather the knowledge / supplies to whip one up.

Thanks,
Jason

Return to “Announcements”