Porfax
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: 30 Degree Underquilt Giveaway

Post by Porfax » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Well now, sarge reads all this stuff.... So I should say thanks for the review of and tips on how to rig the Yukon walkabout rain fly. I picked it up when I made the switch this summer and tweaked it per his ideas and was completely dry after an unexpected rain storm. And my hiking partner was more than jealous at my much quicker setup than his stock version. So Thanks!
Last edited by Porfax on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My gear: Bear Butt hammock with Ridge line and fronkey net from Dutch , 20° Incubator HG UQ and a Walkabout tarp with tweaks by Sarge.

swampgas72
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by swampgas72 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Great videos you put up, I really enjoy them. Could you please enter me in the drawing. Thanks for all y'all do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jaegermeister
Reactions:
Hammock: WBBB
Tarp: WB Mambajamba
Suspension: Buckles & Straps
Insulation: HG Incubator 20F

Post by Jaegermeister » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Sarge!

Thanks for letting me know about this forum! I just posted a little bit about me in the Howdy Section. I look forward to hearing about everyone else's adventures and successes, gear tips and general how-to on all things hammock related.

Please enter me into the Underquilt Giveaway. And thanks again for pointing me here.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. - King James Bible

SCBrian
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by SCBrian » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Thanks for all the videos and giveaways you do Sarge! Your sewing skills are impressive! nd of course, please enter me in the drawing,

Thanks!

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:55 am

Gooseofdeuce wrote:I'm in. New to hammock hangers but have been on hammock forums for a little while.
Welcome to the campfire!
Ringss7 wrote:Thank you for the opportunity to win the 30 degree under a quilt , hope you have a safe trip
Thanks for the well wishes. Its a "take it easy" trip, but I will do a short morning hike.
Fred_VE3FAL wrote:Would love this, would go great with my Hennessy Hammock next year in Wabakimi Provincial Park during our 10 day trip to see the Beckwith cabins. Great job.
I got no idea where you're going, but it sounds like fun!
jmpreuter wrote:It won't be long until u need a 30 degree underquilt. Thanks Sarge

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I does take a little long for me to need a 30 degree quilt down here in TX than other places, but I do need them.
Eddie Robinson wrote:Well you've got to be in it to win it, hope it's ok to enter from the UK [WINKING FACE]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
It'll go across the pond if you win!
ScottyDale wrote:Nice work on the uq Sarge, and mighty generous to give it away! Count me in...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, Scotty!
chrislrob wrote:Big fan. I live in Chicago. Bought my first hammock about 6 years ago. Always used a pad when I had to. Was always fairly uncomfortable when I did. Finally bought an underquilt and a WBBB last year. Have bought a couple of items on your recommendation and I am doing a no-sew Costco topquilt for my Maryland section of the Appalachian Trail in October. You're also why I'm probably not taking a cozy!
bmoman wrote:I did my first backpacking trip last weekend and this will come in handy for future trips. :shock:
Yah. I did get a little obsessed with the whole cozy thing. Gald it did somebody some good!
utahdtaylor wrote:This is awesome what you are doing. I love your videos and the insights you give us newbes to hammock camping! :mrgreen:
The newbs is what its all about. Most of this stuff isn't rocket surgery and all most folks need is a little bit of information an a little bit of encouragement. Glad I could help!
nbitecofer wrote:Super Cool technique! Thanks for the opportunity to enter!
Wow. That is the entire content of a conversation I had with a young lady back in the 1970's.
coffee_girl wrote:Really need a new under quilt for hanging season. I have watched some of your videos. I really like them.
Only some? Go back and watch them all or no UQ for you!
Porfax wrote:Well now, sarge reads all this stuff.... So I should say thanks for the review of and tips on how to rig the Yukon walkabout rain fly. I picked it up when I made the switch this summer and tweaked it per his ideas and was completely dry after an unexpected rain storm. And my hiking partner was more than jealous at my much quicker setup than his stock version. So Thanks!
Yes I do. I figger I talked you into coming here, its only fair that I read what you have to say and say something back. Glad that rainfly vid helped, its a nifty little tarp at a pretty good price.
swampgas72 wrote:Great videos you put up, I really enjoy them. Could you please enter me in the drawing. Thanks for all y'all do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
You're entered!
Jaegermeister wrote:Sarge!

Thanks for letting me know about this forum! I just posted a little bit about me in the Howdy Section. I look forward to hearing about everyone else's adventures and successes, gear tips and general how-to on all things hammock related.

Please enter me into the Underquilt Giveaway. And thanks again for pointing me here.
Weclome to the campfire! Hope to hear about your adventures and successes, gear tips and general how-to on all things hammock related., too!

SCBrian wrote:Thanks for all the videos and giveaways you do Sarge! Your sewing skills are impressive! nd of course, please enter me in the drawing,

Thanks!
Thanks, but my sewing skills aren't really all that impressive. I guess I need to do a video on that----
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Karfunkal
Reactions:
Hammock: Many different 1's
Tarp: Many different 1's
Suspension: Many different 1's
Insulation: Quilts

Post by Karfunkal » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:02 am

Great video, as usual. You've got me this on snaps thing, my friend.

Barry Dutton
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Barry Dutton » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:29 am

...... and I am in Canadastan, hope you will not exclude me and that NO gov't will deliver this to me at all lol!!!

Saw your comments on how to qualify, funny, you will see I joined HammockHangers the other day after chatting with you online and watching a few of your videos in the last month or so! Funny that lol, going there now. So basically, I had seen it many times in the past but your work, caused me to join this site.

MississipVol
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by MississipVol » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:07 am

Great give away!! Would love to win it! Definitely need an underquilt for my son's hammock!

Mississipvol

CowboyPedigo
Reactions:
Hammock: Getting Started
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by CowboyPedigo » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:47 am

Awesome Under Quilt...would love to own one!!

FarmDog
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by FarmDog » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:38 pm

I would love this item. Please enter me for the giveaway.

gfstanley
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by gfstanley » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:41 pm

I'm in. Thanks for the generous giveaways you frequently do. It is great to see someone giving back to others!

Adrian-n-LA
Reactions:
Hammock: the one under me
Tarp: the one over me
Suspension: straps & whoopies
Insulation: adipose tissue

Post by Adrian-n-LA » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:56 pm

Please sign me up for the contest and accept my thanks for pointing me towards this new(er) forum!

atoz
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by atoz » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:59 pm

Blather, blather, suck up blather.........

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:11 am

Karfunkal wrote:Great video, as usual. You've got me this on snaps thing, my friend.
Another one soon to be found outside Joanne's bumming grosgrain----
Barry Dutton wrote:...... and I am in Canadastan, hope you will not exclude me and that NO gov't will deliver this to me at all lol!!!

Saw your comments on how to qualify, funny, you will see I joined HammockHangers the other day after chatting with you online and watching a few of your videos in the last month or so! Funny that lol, going there now. So basically, I had seen it many times in the past but your work, caused me to join this site.
If you win, it goes to Canadia!
MississipVol wrote:Great give away!! Would love to win it! Definitely need an underquilt for my son's hammock!

Mississipvol
You're in the running!
CowboyPedigo wrote:Awesome Under Quilt...would love to own one!!
I know a guy who has a couple videos showing you how to build one if you don't win.
FarmDog wrote:I would love this item. Please enter me for the giveaway.
You're entered!
gfstanley wrote:I'm in. Thanks for the generous giveaways you frequently do. It is great to see someone giving back to others!
Thanls for watching!
Adrian-n-LA wrote:Please sign me up for the contest and accept my thanks for pointing me towards this new(er) forum!
Glad to point! Hope you find the site useful and interesting.
atoz wrote:Blather, blather, suck up blather.........
Blathering back atcha! Thanks for the suck up!
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

dwallace
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: Yukon Outfitters
Suspension: DIY
Insulation: Sleeping bag and pad

Post by dwallace » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:32 am

My friend loves his underquilt during our winter hikes, I really need to get one for our next trip.
"Not all those who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkien

Return to “Announcements”