sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: 30 Degree Underquilt Giveaway

Post by sarge » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:17 pm

tstark wrote:That would make a great gift for my employee of the year prize. All of my employees hang, except one - he's been asking a lot of questions lately. I think he's hammock-curious, and a great worker.
Dang. Now I wish I was working for you.
bodhran4me wrote:Hey Sarge cool GAW!

Or is it a warm GAW? It is a down UQ, after all. Also, I have enjoyed your instructionals and would like to take this chance to say thanks....again.

Cheers!
How about a cool giveaway and a warm welcome?
outsideTX wrote:Hey Sarge, cool giveaway. Who couldn't use a 30 Degree Underquilt Giveaway? 8-)
Hey dude! Missed ya at the Butt Bake. Will we see you in November?
Abner wrote:How much does it weigh? It looks light. Maybe a pound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Each quilt weighs around 15 ounces, plus or minus. The quilt with the booster will weigh a shade over 2 pounds.
Axlingen wrote:Cold greetings from Norway! Love your videos, tips and tricks you provide through your channel.
Could definitely change my simple foam sleeping pad with an UQ this winter!

Marius
Welcome back atcha from warm Texas!
JasonR74 wrote:Hello Sarge and all fellow hammock hangers.

Just ran across your Youtube DIY hamock quilts. Looks GREAT! Gonna have to grab a couple brews, pop some popcorn and take a look at the lot of them. Also gonna have to check about a COSTCO membership!

Well putting may name in for a chance to win one of your great quilts, and in the meantime gonna see if I can gather the knowledge / supplies to whip one up.

Thanks,
Jason
Thanks for watching! Get out there and make something!

OK guys;

We'll be going dark here at around 0530 for about a week while the Little Colonel and I galavant around Colorado. I won't be able to post much, of at all, so if I don't answer right away, it ain't because I only like the folks who have posted so far.

See you next weekend!

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

BearFlowers
Reactions:
Hammock: Eno Doublenest
Tarp: Eno
Suspension: Eno
Insulation: Enlighten equipment

Post by BearFlowers » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:44 pm

sarge wrote:
tstark wrote:That would make a great gift for my employee of the year prize. All of my employees hang, except one - he's been asking a lot of questions lately. I think he's hammock-curious, and a great worker.
Dang. Now I wish I was working for you.
bodhran4me wrote:Hey Sarge cool GAW!

Or is it a warm GAW? It is a down UQ, after all. Also, I have enjoyed your instructionals and would like to take this chance to say thanks....again.

Cheers!
How about a cool giveaway and a warm welcome?
outsideTX wrote:Hey Sarge, cool giveaway. Who couldn't use a 30 Degree Underquilt Giveaway? 8-)
Hey dude! Missed ya at the Butt Bake. Will we see you in November?
Abner wrote:How much does it weigh? It looks light. Maybe a pound?

Each quilt weighs around 15 ounces, plus or minus. The quilt with the booster will weigh a shade over 2 pounds.
Axlingen wrote:Cold greetings from Norway! Love your videos, tips and tricks you provide through your channel.
Could definitely change my simple foam sleeping pad with an UQ this winter!

Marius
Welcome back atcha from warm Texas!
JasonR74 wrote:Hello Sarge and all fellow hammock hangers.

Just ran across your Youtube DIY hamock quilts. Looks GREAT! Gonna have to grab a couple brews, pop some popcorn and take a look at the lot of them. Also gonna have to check about a COSTCO membership!

Well putting may name in for a chance to win one of your great quilts, and in the meantime gonna see if I can gather the knowledge / supplies to whip one up.

Thanks,
Jason
Thanks for watching! Get out there and make something!

OK guys;

We'll be going dark here at around 0530 for about a week while the Little Colonel and I galavant around Colorado. I won't be able to post much, of at all, so if I don't answer right away, it ain't because I only like the folks who have posted so far.

See you next weekend!

This is a great giveaway. A 30 degree underquilt would be perfect for the upcoming fall nights in Tennessee.

BearFlowers
Reactions:
Hammock: Eno Doublenest
Tarp: Eno
Suspension: Eno
Insulation: Enlighten equipment

Post by BearFlowers » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:46 pm

This is going to be a great giveaway. A 30 degree underquilt will be perfect for the upcoming fall nights in Tennessee.

NEMO Hiker
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: Yeah
Suspension: DIY Woopie Slings
Insulation: Pad and Sleeping Bag

Post by NEMO Hiker » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:26 pm

I could really use a under quilt. Well a top quilt too but I'll take what I can get.:). Hoping to DIY everything I need.

Peterjim83
Reactions:
Hammock: Dutch Netless
Tarp: Noah 12
Suspension: Loops
Insulation: Diy

Post by Peterjim83 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:55 pm

Thanks for the opportunity! Looking for an economical upgrade to my bulky snugpak. Your tips for rigging the snugpak underblanket was also much appreciated, best advice I was able to find on it.

Robinrene
Reactions:
Hammock: Hennessy
Tarp: Non
Suspension: Hennessy
Insulation: None

Post by Robinrene » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:22 am

I have watched your video on the construction of this soooo many times. I am working on mine but unclear on the suspension instructions. I'd live to win one to use as a model and make another for my husband's hammock. Then we'd both have one.

aeiou5
Reactions:
Hammock: Yukon Mosquito
Tarp: Homemade
Suspension: Whoopie Slings
Insulation:

Post by aeiou5 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:50 pm

Great videos, I just discovered the $20 Costco down throw so the video series on these was very helpful. The 30 degree underquilt would be a great addition to my hammocking arsenal, I'd love to have one!

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:08 pm

BearFlowers wrote:This is going to be a great giveaway. A 30 degree underquilt will be perfect for the upcoming fall nights in Tennessee.
I fell in love with Tenn when I was through there last year, especially the area between Granvill and Cookesville. You're in the running!
NEMO Hiker wrote:I could really use a under quilt. Well a top quilt too but I'll take what I can get.:). Hoping to DIY everything I need.
That's one of the great things about hammock camping---you CAN DIY everything you need!

Winning a giveaway also helps.
Peterjim83 wrote:Thanks for the opportunity! Looking for an economical upgrade to my bulky snugpak. Your tips for rigging the snugpak underblanket was also much appreciated, best advice I was able to find on it.
Free is definetly more economical. But making your own out of two down quilts is also economical.
Robinrene wrote:I have watched your video on the construction of this soooo many times. I am working on mine but unclear on the suspension instructions. I'd live to win one to use as a model and make another for my husband's hammock. Then we'd both have one.
Thanks for watching!

The thing that seems to confuse folks the most is the side supension. Just cut a piece of shock cord twice as long as you hammock, plus a foot or two. Singe the ends with a flame to keep them from fraying. Run one end through one side channel. When it comes out the other end of the channel, just run it through the other side channel until it comes out the other end. Then run both ends through a double barrel cord lock. You're eseentially making a circle of shock cord that runs through the side channels. If I can help any further, don't be afraid to ask! If you do it over here, then other folks with the same question can benefit:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1076
aeiou5 wrote:Great videos, I just discovered the $20 Costco down throw so the video series on these was very helpful. The 30 degree underquilt would be a great addition to my hammocking arsenal, I'd love to have one!
Well, you'll know what you'll be making with the ones you already have sometime Tuesday!
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

MStutt
Reactions:
Hammock: Eno doublenest
Tarp: Hennessy
Suspension: Eno Atlas
Insulation: Makeshift Underquilt

Post by MStutt » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:27 pm

Great discussions here. Thanks for the chance to win!

chelskiscotte
Reactions:
Hammock: crazy outdoors
Tarp: infinity outdoors
Suspension: woopies
Insulation: pad and sleeping bag

Post by chelskiscotte » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:49 pm

I'm from Ohio and I have said something

bhouston21
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by bhouston21 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:02 pm

Just getting into hammock camping and lucked out with gorgeous weather while in Maine a couple of weeks ago but I'm sure that I won't be that lucky every time. Sure could use an underquilt. I think I'll check out how to make one as well.

IdRatherBeintheWinds
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by IdRatherBeintheWinds » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:12 pm

Big fan Sarge. Keep hanging...

BigMuddy07
Reactions:
Hammock: Hennessy safari
Tarp: Hennessy asym
Suspension: Whoopies
Insulation: sleeping bag

Post by BigMuddy07 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Been hammocking for a while now but refining processes and equipment. Don't have an under quilt and that is the one item I have still been working towards. Thanks for posting the giveaway and offering all of us a chance to win. Good luck everyone!

hoppy901
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by hoppy901 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:26 pm

This is my first year hanging and am addicted! I've been watching all of Sarges videos about diy projects but unfortunately I don't have a Costco in my area to attempt an underquilt. Some insulation would really extend my hang time! It's starting to get chilly here. Thanks :D

Cliff369
Reactions:
Hammock: Hennessy
Tarp: Hennessy
Suspension: Whoopie slings
Insulation: Neoair

Post by Cliff369 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:34 pm

I could sure use the UQ. Thanks for the chance to win.

Cliff

Return to “Announcements”