Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: UGQ WD 13ft
Suspension: Ultimate Straps
Insulation: DIY

9 steps to responsible hammocking

Post by Karla (with a k) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Would you add any other steps?

◘ Aug 24-26: Pie Iron Hang @ I&M Canal, IL ◘ Labor Day: Kickapoo Valley Challenge @ Wildcat Mtn SP, WI ◘ Oct 12-14: MI Chili Festival ◘ Nov 9 -11: New Moon Hang @ Newport SP ◘ Dec. 7-9: Winter DaShack Hang ◘ May 17-19: 3rd Annual BACONFEST ◘ 32 months of camping at least one night ◘ My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/karlawithak216

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: 9 steps to responsible hammocking

Post by BillyBob66 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:08 pm

looks pretty thorough as far as responsible hanging goes. But how would one identify an established hanging site? Presumably we would leave no trace, right? But maybe that means an authorized spot, where hanging is officially allowed in an established camp ground?

What is with the "never hang more than 18". "? I guess that is part of "never hang higher than you are willing to fall', a safety thing? Although 18" seems a little cautious and not optimum for sitting comfort or getting in and out. But it does provide a smaller fall if that happens. But what does that have to do with responsible hanging?
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Calait
Reactions:
Hammock: ENO DoubleNest Set
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation: closed foam

Re: 9 steps to responsible hammocking

Post by Calait » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Thanks, BillyBob66 I was thinking the same thing about the hang height, though I don't want to fall 21 inches I do want to sit comfortably in my hammock, maybe lower if I want to cook from the hammock.
Any day in the outdoors is better than a day at work.

Return to “Hammock General Discussion”