I SOOOO wish this forum was more crowded...

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: I SOOOO wish this forum was more crowded...

Post by BillyBob66 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Biker Bob wrote:A late reply. I belong to several forums with subjects other than hammocks or even camping so I want to relate my experience. Once I owned a weekly newspaper and belonged to a small town journalist web group. It was an email forum and I got a few posting everyday. For the most part it was people like me who had experience to share gained from actually working in the business.
As an owner I was hands on from selling ads, covering news to carrying the paper to a printer and delivering to post offices. Others on the forum were at least familiar with doing these things. AND THEN along came a college professor of journalism. I now got a hundred emails a day with frequently nonsense postings. I had to withdraw from the site and lose the good I gained because one academic type liked to post-a lot.
Another site I belong to is having a discussion (that's giving it a nice name) about not on topic posts.
I come here because I want to learn more about hammocks. If I want to go to a firearms, religion or even a website dedicated to smoking crack, they exist. The way this site is laid out, I can visit those threads I want to read and ignore others. People expressing their opinions on a number of topics is fine with me as long as I don't get the long (after this post I can't complain about length) diatribes about a non cottage industry manufacturer which is an entry into hanging for many.
When it is time to ask a question, I come to this site because I think I will get an honest answer, not one saying if I would only spend more money, the problem would go away.
The one thing lacking is a more complete listing of hangs.
Thanks to any who made it through this and now I will retreat from my soapbox and go try to fix a motorcycle or lawnmower.
You think your post was lengthy? You obviously have not experienced communicating with me very much. I suffer from a lack of pithiness. I apologize to all for that personal failing.

Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Karla (with a k)
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: UGQ WD 13ft
Suspension: Ultimate Straps
Insulation: DIY

Post by Karla (with a k) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Flynguy521 wrote:
Scuba graciously keeps this site going out of his own pocket because he is a pretty cool dude!
Wow, I totally respect that. I will have to look around more at this forum! Thank you for the response!
◘ Aug 24-26: Pie Iron Hang @ I&M Canal, IL ◘ Labor Day: Kickapoo Valley Challenge @ Wildcat Mtn SP, WI ◘ Oct 12-14: MI Chili Festival ◘ Nov 9 -11: New Moon Hang @ Newport SP ◘ Dec. 7-9: Winter DaShack Hang ◘ May 17-19: 3rd Annual BACONFEST ◘ 32 months of camping at least one night ◘ My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/karlawithak216

Karla (with a k)
Reactions:

Post by Karla (with a k) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:56 pm

I jumped on a couple of hammock Facebook groups and sent a message to some who have posted. This is what I wrote:

I saw your hammock post and didn't know if you already knew about http://www.hammockhangers.net. The site is free to join and is also ad free (I found out others are not). I'd love to get more people to join and you seem like a great hammock enthusiast. I'm on there as Karla (with a k). Hope you join! Keep it hangin' -k;)

We have 1,114 members now. Let's see how many might join.

Feel free to use my wording and reach out to others!

Happy Hanging Everybody!
◘ Aug 24-26: Pie Iron Hang @ I&M Canal, IL ◘ Labor Day: Kickapoo Valley Challenge @ Wildcat Mtn SP, WI ◘ Oct 12-14: MI Chili Festival ◘ Nov 9 -11: New Moon Hang @ Newport SP ◘ Dec. 7-9: Winter DaShack Hang ◘ May 17-19: 3rd Annual BACONFEST ◘ 32 months of camping at least one night ◘ My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/karlawithak216

Karla (with a k)
Reactions:

Post by Karla (with a k) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:38 pm

Three new members in 16 minutes tonight!!! Woo-Hoo!!! Now Facebook has blocked me from writing to anyone else tonight.

Let's make these new members feel welcome!

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Karla (with a k) wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:38 pm
Three new members in 16 minutes tonight!!! Woo-Hoo!!! Now Facebook has blocked me from writing to anyone else tonight.

Let's make these new members feel welcome!
FB has blocked you? For telling folks about this site? Or perhaps it was certain FB groups that did that? Either way, not good!
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Karla (with a k)
Reactions:

Post by Karla (with a k) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:50 pm

FB has blocked you? For telling folks about this site? Or perhaps it was certain FB groups that did that? Either way, not good!
[/quote]

I was blocked for sending so many messages in such a short period of time. They did give me a warning, but that didn't stop me. They thought I was spamming.

Return to “Hammock General Discussion”